- The Duke Global Entrepreneurship Network (DukeGEN) was started in April 2008 to support Duke's entrepreneurial alumni, students, faculty, staff, and friends. It serves as the main connection for Duke's entrepreneurial community.
- DukeGEN's membership crossed the 1000 mark in June 2009 and the 1400 mark in October 2009
- DukeGEN has created a resources for Duke alumni including
- List of Duke startups with connections to Duke alumni, to facilitate connections
- Alumni Profiles which are interviews with successful Duke alumni, to help create role models for aspiring Duke entrepreneurs
- Special interest groups to connect members of Duke's entrepreneurial community that share similar interests
- Happy Hours and events in multiple cities (8 cities in August 2009, 10 cities in November 2009) to bring together Duke's entrepreneurial community.
- An 18-month Task Force made up of representatives from Duke's many schools and generations. An 18-month Board is being created in Winter 2009.
- To learn more about the Entrepreneurship offerings for students, go to www.EntrepreneurshipAtDuke.com