Luminosity is seeking a Senior Manager of Brand Strategy & Analysis to join our growing marketing communications firm. We are in search of an individual who possesses both superior analytical and strategic thinking skills. If you are a talented, analytically driven marketer who is ready to achieve a broader impact on clients’ marketing challenges by joining a boutique firm, we’d love to hear from you.
Luminosity is an analytical marketing communications firm that enables powerful connections between brands and target audiences. We provide solutions to marketers who are seeking expertise in Connections Planning and Marketing Research. Our Connections Planning team provides media planning and buying, with a particular emphasis on the digital space. Our Marketing Research practice leverages the most cutting-edge tools and technologies for understanding target audiences and evaluating consumer messaging approaches.
If marketing is part art and part science, then we are the scientists. We are the ultimate data junkies, culture vultures and media geeks.
Luminosity’s Culture is:
• Inquisitive and clever
• Digitally savvy
• Youthful and dynamic
As Senior Manager of Brand Strategy & Analysis your responsibilities will fall within the following areas:
Brand Analysis & Synthesis
• Extrapolate data from standard and non-traditional secondary research sources and data bases
• Interpret and analyze data, including primary & secondary research, macro industry trends and market impacting current events
• Analyze business results from our current clients’ campaigns. Build business cases for additional media, strategic planning and/or research services that would optimize performance
• Collaborate with internal team members, clients, vendors and marketing partners to discover and crystallize ingenious marketing insights
• Develop bullet-proof PowerPoint presentations that synthesize information, communicate findings and provide clients with actionable conclusions
• Deliver flawless and captivating client presentations
Primary Marketing Research Management
• Conceptualize innovative research methodologies that provide answers to potential clients’ marketing communications questions and create proposals describing the proposed approaches
• Design & execute quantitative and qualitative consumer research logistics, including responsibility for discussion guides, survey instrument design, sample design, data collection methodologies, etc.
• Analyze marketing research data sets using SPSS
• Write clear and compelling research reports that crisply articulate strategic recommendations based on research findings
• Provide thought-leadership on current industry trends, best practices, research approaches, and innovative marketing programs, campaigns & tactics from both world-class and upstart brands
• Develop and publish content (POV’s, white papers, beta studies, blog posts, etc.) that demonstrates Luminosity’s marketing communications expertise
This position reports directly to the firm’s Managing Director and is based in our New York office. The individual will manage 1 direct report, a Research Coordinator.
To be successful in this role, you should be a rock solid marketing strategist with impeccable analytical skills and an innovative flair. This individual must be passionate about the science of marketing, understanding consumer behavior and solving business needs. Above all, this person must thrive on leveraging information to uncover piercing insights that others typically miss. Other skills:
• MBA preferred, with a supporting BS degree in Marketing, Engineering, Economics, statistics or a related field
• 5-8 years of experience in Marketing Research, Brand Management, Management Consulting, Marketing Analytics or a related field
• Comfortable with best practices in marketing research study design and implementation
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint abilities
• A seamless understanding of the core principles of marketing and brand management
• Current knowledge of the digital and social media landscape, both as an analyst and an active participant
• Superior written communications skills. Able to write whiz-bang presentations that tell stories, illuminate opportunities and bring recommendations to life
• Ability to manage the work streams of complex, non-linear projects with limited oversight
Send a cover letter and resume/CV in Word or PDF format to email@example.com. In addition to your resume, feel free to provide links to your Blog, Linked-in, Squidoo, Twitter and/or other social networking profile(s). We look forward to hearing from you.