posted Mar 4, 2011, 6:13 AM by T. Reid Lewis
Notable Solutions is looking for a talented Vice President of Engineering, reporting directly to
the CEO, to be a key member of our executive team. This individual will plan, direct, and
coordinate all activities associated with the design, development, testing, release and support
of our NSi software products. This position is located in our corporate headquarters in
- Develop and execute software engineering plans, and manage software engineering schedules,
- resource allocation and budgets. This includes managing joint development with 3rd party
- vendors, and managing outsourced and off-shore development.
- Participate with senior management team in the development of an annual corporate operating
- plan, including staffing, budgeting and the development of corporate and departmental
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate and lead team members to their optimum
- performance levels and career development. This includes regular performance feedback and
- conducting meaningful annual performance reviews.
- Manage the Software QA function and work with Product Management to rank, manage,
- communicate and resolve reported software defects.
- Provide technical direction and guidance as well as hands-on project management.
- Development of product development processes including coding standards, technical
- documentation standards, QA processes, build, and configuration management. Ensure that
- such practices are followed.
- Work closely with the executive team to define overall product direction.
- Work with Product Management to develop detailed project plans for all stages of the product
- development lifecycle.
- Evolve the existing software system applications and architecture in various areas as needed.
- Prior experience in building and managing a team of software and QA engineers, running
- complex development projects and interacting with executive management as well as outside
- vendors and clients.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing software development groups and departments.
- Must have at least 5 years experience working through the design, development, and release
- cycle of delivering software to market.
- Experience developing or managing the development of Java, .net or other web-based
- application frameworks.
- Large/ enterprise server based application development experience preferred.
- Experience with development and management of an open SDK platform and support of a
- development community.
- In-depth knowledge of the Microsoft development platform and technology.
- Management of remote and/or off-shore development teams.
- Management of third party software engagements and integrations.
- Experience with Scanning technology as well as Document Management and Content Capture
- software a plus.
- Experience with Cloud and SaaS based application environment is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field. MS preferred.
About NSi www.nsiautostore.com
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent leadership and people skills. Ability to recruit, motivate and lead a team.
- Strong, project management, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Solid understanding of engineering and technical issues/needs/financial sales and marketing as
- related to product design and development.
- Ability to excel in idea generation, evaluation, and prioritization, customer and partner
- engagement, cross-functional technical program management and building/developing great
- engineering teams.
- Willingness to dive into software environments and technical issues as part of maintaining the
- skills necessary to manage and advocate products and projects.
At Notable Solutions, our mission is to automate the flow of information, accelerating how
people and businesses realize its fullest potential.
We pride ourselves as a leading provider of paper and electronic content capture and business
automation solutions. Our flagship product, AutoStore, captures paper and electronic documents from a
copier, scanner, or printer, then routes the information into the appropriate business system based on
the document type. As a result, business is done faster, with less effort -- and with less paper. AutoStore
is the information on-ramp for nearly 500 models of MFPs and network-attached scanners -- from
Fujitsu, HP, Kodak, Kyocera Mita, Konica Minolta, Lexmark, Ricoh, Savin, Lanier, Sharp and Xerox.
One word describes NSi best and that is Change. We believe in change, embrace its potential and
challenge the status quo. We are here to change the way information flows by focusing on accelerating
realization of its full potential. Our motivation is to continue to build a skilled team of leaders that can
reach for the outer edges of innovation and draw value though disruptive introduction that connects
technology to the human factor. From devices to enterprise applications, NSi, a leader in enterprise
application development, has a proven history of advancement in technology and product
To apply to join this extraordinary company, please send your cover letter and
resume to: HR@nsius.com