A successful candidate will possess proven design skills and a broad knowledge of application development technology. This individual will thrive in a collaborative and team-oriented environment, and have a desire to acquire and apply new skills. Quoin offers a challenging opportunities for professionals who are driven by building great software.
Location: Boston, Washington DC, or Charlotte/Mooresville NC.
* 3 - 8 years of professional software development, including design experience on one or more projects
* Proven track record for problem solving and delivering high-quality software
* Strong knowledge of a component frameworks, such as J2EE or .Net
* Strong knowledge of application servers or containers, such as Spring, Tomcat, or JBoss
* Significant experience with iterative and test-driven development practice
* Significant experience with Ajax, JQuery, or other web client frameworks
* Software testing knowledge, including experience with automated unit, system, load, and performance testing
* Build automation knowledge
* Experience in a client-facing role, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience with PHP, Python, Rails, or similar languages
* Experience with relational database design and administration, including distributed database models
* Experience with XHTML, XSLT, and CSS
* Experience developing in a continuous integration environment using source code control, automated testing, and build automation
* Experience with agile development practices
* Experience in software specification using UML or other object-oriented analysis and design methods
* Practical knowledge of content management or online publishing systems
* Hands-on experience with search engines and search engine optimization
* Hands-on experience with e-commerce tools
* Design, code, and test user-interface and application components
* Consult to clients on technology selection and enterprise architecture
* Consult to clients on continuous integration, software configuration management, and agile practices
* Participate in analysis of application requirements
* Produce design and other documentation
* Participate in design and code reviews for components produced by project teams
* Share knowledge and development techniques throughout the organization
* Define best practices for the technology staff
* Demonstrate flexibility by acquiring new skills and taking on new tasks
* Work effectively on project teams using agile development practices
* Salary commensurate with experience
* Company-paid health insurance for employees and families
* Long-term disability
* 3 weeks of annual vacation
Quoin offers challenging opportunities for management and technology professionals who thrive in a collaborative and team-oriented environment. We are an established software development firm with track record of success, yet Quoin is a "boutique" that offers a great work environment for engineers who like to build software.
Our professional staff has extensive experience in all phases of the software development life cycle - planning, requirements, analysis and design, implementation, testing, deployment, and support. These phases are managed using a proven methodology that leads to on-time delivery to clients and zero-defect software.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume (in Adobe PDF format) to Brad Kain brad.kain[AT]quoininc.com. All positions are full-time employment only. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. No third parties, please.